Map to Public Art in Council Bluffs
Public Art in Council BluffsLocations throughout the city
Council Bluffs, IA
The City of Council Bluffs features several public art pieces including:
- Broadway Fountain (Broadway & Pearl Street)
The restored cast-iron fountain was built in 1890 and rededicated in 2000.
- Grant Wood Corn Room Memorials (Pottawattamie County Courthouse)
Grant Wood murals are displayed in the lobby of the courthouse.
- Grant Wood Paintings (Iowa Western Community College
Original Grant Wood, "The Early Days of Kanesville," hangs in the lobby of the Looft Hall Conference Center of the campus.
- Louis Grell Paintings (Pottawattamie County Courthouse)
Numerous paintings by the internationally-known Grell, including a self-portrait, hang in the lobby of the courthouse.
- Sidewalk Mosaics and Streetscape Tiles (Pearl and Main Streets, and West Broadway)
Former postcards and history depict various aspects, persons, and locations in Council Bluffs have been reproduced in ceramic and sidewalk mosaic tiles in downtown Council Bluffs.